Posted by : XRM Consultant Sunday, 4 September 2011

Hi!

Ok, i realise that , for everyone else, this is not an earth shattering piece of JavaScript but this has been bugging me for Aaaaaaaaaaages!!!



I have been looking for the JavaScript to hide Tab (or what is now known as a section) in CRM 2011. Every other blog/SDK/forum post i read suggested the following:

   1:  Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(5).SetVisible(false);


   2:  Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(5).SetVisible(true);




No matter how i tried i could not get this to work. However, after some detective work……and reading this blog post (cheers) i realised that the bit i was missing was that in  the script, the brackets need to contain the name of the tab (name, not the Label). However, it has to be contained in “”. So my code was…



   1:  Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get("tab_3").SetVisible(false);


   2:  Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get("tab_3").SetVisible(true);





Sorted! Hope that helps


Cheers


xRM Consultant

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About xRM Consultant.com

Having worked with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in a sales & development environment, my focus now is on customising this awesome solution and showing its true potential.
Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © xRM Consultant -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -