- Back to Home »
- Outlook Sync Issues After Installing CRM Plugin
A customer contacted us today as they were getting a large number of Sync Issues in their outlook Sync Issues folder that relate to CRM. Puzzled and baffled we were…
After a bit of searching we found that this is a known issue that had been fixed as part of recent (10) update roll-ups.
The issue is caused when: (From Microsoft KB Article)
- You share a calendar or a contacts folder in Microsoft Office Outlook with another user.
- You and the user who you shared the calendar or the contact folder with are Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 users.
- Both of you have the CRM Outlook client online or offline.
- The shared calendar or the shared contacts folder contains items that are tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization. Click here to review other versions.A
Additionally, the items may become untracked if the following conditions are true:
- The person who you shared the calendar or the contacts folder with does not track items in Outlook to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- The user has Write privileges to the shared data in Outlook.
CRM obviously struggles to resolved what it is viewing in outlook against the current active user profile within CRM.
Applying the update roll-up resolves this issue and stops your users Sync Issues box filling up. In addition it reduces the considerable performance overhead that this would cause
Hope this helps