Posted by : XRM Consultant Monday 6 September 2010

Hi,

As much as I like the look and feel of CRM when you are developing a true xRM solution for a client, as we all know, less can be more.

With this in mind, whilst developing a solution for a client recently, I wanted to hide the entire left-hand navigation menu to give my form a simpler feel to it. So when setting it up I used 2 handy little pieces of JavaScript.

The first resized the window, OnLoad, to the size I wanted for my form:

window.resizeTo(700,520);

This gave me the following OnLoad:

78

As you can see though, most of the screen is taken up with the Left Navigation are, which for this form I didn't need.  So, i hid it using the following code:

document.all.crmNavBar.parentElement.style.display = "none";
document.all.tdAreas.colSpan = 2;

Which game me the following results….

77

As I said, nice simple JavaScript but I think it makes a huge difference to the appearance of the form and therefore (hopefully) how well the user interacts with it.

Enjoy!

Joel

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About xRM Consultant.com

Having worked with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in a sales & development environment, my focus now is on customising this awesome solution and showing its true potential.
Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © xRM Consultant -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -